Art & Design
Art & Design
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
· Use experiences and ideas as the inspiration for artwork.
· Share ideas using drawing, painting and sculpture.
· Explore a variety of techniques.
· Learn about the work of a range of artists, artisans and designers.
· Use experiences, other subjects across the curriculum and ideas as inspiration for artwork.
· Develop and share ideas in a sketchbook and in finished products.
· Improve mastery of techniques.
· Learn about the great artists, architects and designers in history.
· To develop ideas
· To master techniques
· To take inspiration from the greats
· The ability to use visual language skillfully and convincingly (for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture, form) to express emotions, interpret observations, convey insights and accentuate their individuality.
· The ability to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form.
· The ability to draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
· The ability to explore and invent marks, develop and deconstruct ideas and communicate perceptively and powerfully through purposeful drawing in 2D, 3D or digital media.
· An impressive knowledge and understanding of other artists, craftmakers and designers.
· The ability to think and act like creative practitioners by using their knowledge and understanding to inform, inspire and interpret ideas, observations and feelings.
· Independence, initiative and originality which they can use to develop their creativity.
· The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques skillfully and inventively to realise intentions and capitalise on the unexpected.
· The ability to reflect on, analyse and critically evaluate their own work and that of others.
· A passion for and a commitment to the subject.