Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
· Languages is optional at Key Stage 1.
· In the chosen modern language:
· Look at the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
· If an ancient language is chosen, read, translate and explore the culture of the time.
· To read fluently
· To write imaginatively
· To speak confidently
· To understand the culture of the countries in which the language is spoken
· The confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
· Fluency in reading.
· Fluency and imagination in writing.
· A strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
· A passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
· The ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
· An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.